Sunday, September 25, 2016

First week in DR!!

We got to the Dominican Republic safe and sound! It was a long day but I got some sleep on the plane. The DR is beautiful and green and very different! Its really flat too. I came with a lot of other sisters and elders-most of us met in Salt Lake and then we picked up more in New York. There are 38 of us total coming today and only 10 here so 48 total-small MTC.  Most of us are staying in the DR with most going to the West mission. We have a couple going to Trinidad and Barbados and then one going to Puerto Rico.  Most everyone is staying for the six weeks! There are only about 46 of us in the whole MTC which is fun because we get to know everyone really well.

The mission is good, just really hard and we are on a very tight schedule right now.  I really like my companion, Hermana Neff, and all the sisters here so that's been a blessing. One of the sisters hung up a banner for my birthday- she is so sweet. The food is lots of meat that we don't ask questions what it is we just eat it.  We don't get out a lot, but it has been good so far. We had the opportunity to go to the Santo Domingo Temple with my district. I room with seven other girls and we basically sit in a classroom all day, studying and learning.

My p-day's will be on Thursday's so wish me well!  I hope you all are doing just fantastic! I miss you all like crazy!

Love,
Hermana Steed

Hermana Neff and I at the Santo Domingo Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment