Thursday, October 6, 2016

How is it already October? My 3rd week in the MTC!

Hello everyone, 

Yes I am alive and yes we did survive Hurricane Matthew.  Haiti, the other county on the island was in it's direct path so we just got heavy rain for a few days and some wind.  We are inside most of the day with frosted windows so we don't see much of what goes on outside. On Monday, we had lots of rain and went outside to play volleyball but couldn't see a thing because of all the rain-it was actually really fun!  One of my teachers showed us a video of the coast as he was coming to work and the waves looked incredible.  During the night we heard lots of powerful thunder it sounded so different than any other thunder.  The power has gone out a lot, but we are safe and sound! The most damage we had was leaves falling on the temple grounds that we went to rake up.

Of course we all enjoyed General Conference here.  I hope you all took the opportunity to watch it and if not I hope and encourage you to watch it.  There were so many great talks and lessons to be learned.  Russell M. Nelson talked about always having joy even when we suffer.  So my message this week is to always have JOY!

So this MTC is very small.  At most there are only 50 people here at a time.  Usually there are 2 groups of about 20 and every three weeks one group leaves.  So we had more than half leave on Tuesday, but yesterday we got 19 more.  We have some from North America, New Zealand, and then the majority are from Haiti.

It has been a good week and I am half way done with my training here at the MTC.  Only 3 more weeks until I am out in the field.  

I love you all and I hope you are all doing well.  Enjoy the fall weather for me!

Love,
Hermana Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment