Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Hola Familia y Amigos!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving this week.  I will be enjoying my rice, chicken, plantains, and avacado. It is pretty much the same right?

This week went well and of course had its ups and downs, but the work is moving forward.

We had a funny experience with Familia Garcia as they were telling us about this drink that they loved when they went to the U.S. so they gave us some and it turned out to be the powder lemonade that you mix with water!  It was so yummy and refreshing and reminded me of home.  It is funny to me that they loved it so much because they have amazing juices here that are fresh!  Haha it cracked me up!

This week was really hot and did not rain for a long time, which is unusual here, but on Saturday it finally rained and has been feeling so good the last few days.  My companion even put on a cardigan, not me though it feels perfect!

One of the amazing experiences this week was we went contacting and met a women named Lasandra we just introduced her to the gospel and then set up a time to come back a few days later.  We went back and after the lesson she told us this:  The first day you came I was feeling really sad and a lot of things had been going bad, but then you showed up and I saw 2 lights come into my life.  After you left I could not stop smiling and being happy.  I feel so happy when you are here.

Hermana Andersen and I were speechless, what a miracle!  She is so sweet.  She is 18 years old and has a son.  We are teaching here and are excited to see what the Lord has in store.  For a moment I thought I was in a dream, but it is amazing because when we went to contact we thought the street was long, but it was a short dead end, but decided to go down it anyway and see if anyone was home.  She was the last house on the street and I am glad that we kept going!  When we left she said you have to leave already?  She is so cute, my heart is just so happy when we are around her!

Anyway a great week in the mission!  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love,
Hermana Steed

Cows in the jungle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment