Tuesday, November 15, 2016

2 months in the mission!

Hello Family and Friends,

Sorry for not writing yesterday, the whole city did not have power for hours so we got permission to write today!  Thank you always for your emails.  I am doing well, this week went by really fast. I cannot believe it has already been 2 months since I left the United States.  Time has gone by quickly.  I hope all is well with everyone and that you are enjoying the beautiful life we have been given.  We are very blessed to live where we do and to have all the opportunities awaiting us.

I am starting to speak more in lessons and can now teach the

first lesson.  Yesterday I started to understand more than ever before, so I am starting to see my progress.  All in due time I will know the language.

I have been drinking more soda here than I have in years so I am trying to get used to that.  People always give us soda, sometimes I cant finish it so I give it to my companion.  There are also a lot of lizards, dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, and roosters roaming around all the time.  I have had a few dogs follow me in the streets, I get worried about rabbis but have learned to calm down.

This week we have been working with Familia Garcia, more specifically their 3 kids.  The parents have been in the U.S. but returned on Sunday so we are hoping to have their baptism in 2 weeks, but all in the Lords timing.  Their grandma just passed away and she was Catholic so they have their traditional 9 day ceremony, I am not sure what it is called, but we are hoping the family comes to church this Sunday and we are just trying to help them through this hard time.  They are an awesome family that have been prepared by the Lord.

We have been contacting a lot recently and we found a woman named Carman. She is 24 and very receptive and smart.  She always reads the pamphlets and the book of mormon inbetween our visits.  We are excited to work with her and to see what is ahead.

We had 3 less actives that we have been working with come to church this past Sunday so we were really excited about that!  The Lord cares about all his sheep, that is really what I have learned in the short 3 weeks I have been here.

Anyways,  all is well here in the Dominican Republic, yesterday we saw 4 Americans on dirt bikes that are going around the country and they happened to all be LDS.  What are the odds of that, so it was fun to talk with some Americans again, it is sort of weird speaking English so much with other people.

Be grateful for all you have and turn to the Lord when life gets hard.  The Lord is always there extending His hand.

Love,

Hermana Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment