Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 11 in the mission field!

Family and Friends!

I hope you are all doing well in the freezing cold!  It sounds like it has been a really cold winter thus far in good old Utah!  I am enjoying the heat and humidity of the beautiful Dominican Republic!

Things are going well here in Yamasa!  This is the last week of the transfer and I have so much energy and excitement to start this week!  We have been working with a couple of people who are prepared to accept this gospel, but unfortunately we did not have any investigators at Church on Sunday.  This seems to be a continuous problem here in the Dominican Republic.  But the Lord has really prepared people and with that comes the tempations of Satan.  We are putting our trust in the Lord and working as hard as we can to strengthen the people we are teaching.  We have been contacting a lot and have found some people who have potential.  After much tribulation comes a lot of blessings.  We see blessings everyday but I know that the Lord has something great in store here in Yamasa!

Today we went to Villa Mella for our zone activity.  We played scripture chase games and ate some food.  One of the scripture chase games was if you didnt know the scripture the other person got to put whipped cream in your face. First I got to put whip cream in an Elders face but the last time I fell as victim!  (Pictures attached).  It was fun to get together with our zone and have some fun!

The mission is great.  On Saturday I will have completed 4 months!  Wow 4 months already.  The language is coming along, I still have a long way to go, but have also come a long way.  The Lord is blessing me and I know that He will bless you too as you follow His commandments.  Obedience is the first law of Heaven!

Love you all and have a great week!
Hermana Steed


No comments:

Post a Comment