Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 19

Me in front of an unfinished house, there are a lot of them here
Family and Friends,

One of the areas that is beautiful 
in our area some of the trees 
have orange blossoms so it 
reminded me of fall back home
Things are going well here in Yamasa! We saw some opposition with our investigators this week but are continuing to work with them through it all!  We were going to have 2 baptisms on Saturday but they didn’t come to church even when we went searching for them so that was a little hard but we are hoping on Sunday!  Yay! The baptisms are Gladys and Dioni! I will tell you more about them next week if they get baptized! We have some great things coming!

Some fun things this week was that I got to smash cocoa beans with this huge stick. I was sad that I didn’t have my camera, but it was a fun experience. I found out our new mission president from a sister that works in the office. His name is President Smith and he is from Florida. President Smith how fitting! haha  

Also in our zone meeting this week there was a huge spider in the church and one of the elders killed it with another elder’s jump rope. It was really hilarious because us sisters were screaming and the elders were all trying to kill it and then played with it after! 

We also had one of our investigators girlfriends throw rocks at the house we were teaching in. A lot of people say she is crazy, so I guess it was normal for the man we were teaching. Interesting experiences in the mission!

Anyways good times in the mission. I hope all is well back home! The heat has come back to the Dominican Republic, the cold lasted like 3 days.

Have a wonderful week,

Hermana Steed








No comments:

Post a Comment