Monday, March 6, 2017

First week in La Romana

Hello family and friends,

It was my first week in Villa Verde, La Romana.  I am close to the ocean and in some parts of my area I can see it from a distance.  We are really close to a tourist spot called Casa de campo.  We also see lots of Italians here, like a lot!  It is definitely different from Yamasa, but different is good.  Each area is good in its own way.

Some news from Yamasa was that Dioni received the priesthood yesterday so that was exciting.  Also one of our investigators was baptized yesterday.  I was a little sad not to be there, but thats not the important part.  The important part is that she was baptized and now can endure to the end.  I was excited to receive this news!

Things here in Villa Verde are good.  We just need to find more people to teach, as always.  We do have some investigators right now and I am just trying to get to know them and teach them and invite them to come unto Christ.  The members here are also very good to us.

I am in a ward and in the ward are 4 missionaries so that is a little different for me.  I also live with the 2 other missionaries.

My companion is Hermana Quezada who is from the DR, but from the West Mission.  This is her last transfer in the mission.

We also have a lot of Haitians that live in our area that dont speak Spanish.  So we have members that speak Creol that go with us to lessons.  They are so sweet.  So possibly I will be learning a little bit of Creol!  

Sorry not a lot of time today and the pictures are from Yamasa, but hopefully I will have pictures of my area next week!  Thanks for all the love and support.  Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Hermana Steed

Pictures are from my last week in Yamasa!





No comments:

Post a Comment