Monday, December 12, 2016

Beginning of Transfer 2

Nothing much to report this week.  But it was the beginning of my second transfer with my new companion Hermana Chamu.  She is from la Estado de Mexico, Mexico.  She is 22 years old and is the only child in her family.  She attended the university for 3 years previous to the mission and is studying law.  She does understand some English she just has a hard time speaking it.  So pretty much we are helping each other out!  It is difficult at times, but we get by!
Hermana Chamu and I

Right now we are trying to find more investigators, so we have been asking for references and contacting quite a bit.  So lots of good things to come.  We did contact someone yesterday that his friend from the capital gave him a Book of Mormon so we are going to start teaching him!

This week we had a stake activity where we sang and watched Church Christmas videos and we also got permission to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.  It was really good, well what I could understand anyway!  Haha.

But things are good here and I love the Christmas season, even if I do not have the snow.  The Christmas season is a wonderful time to feel peace and reflect on our Saviors life!  Some of my favorite scriptures on peace are: John 14:26-27 and John 16:33.  I encourage you to read them!

Well I hope you all have a great week and continue to have a wonderful Christmas season!  Love you all!

Best wishes, 
Hermana Steed

This morning when we were about to leave we saw this large spider with her baby sack thing (I do not know what that is called), but anyway my companion had to make it leave with this stick and I ran into the house screaming because it almost came into the house!  I do not like spiders and spiders are large here!  Haha fun times! 








No comments:

Post a Comment