Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Transfer 1 and December already?

Avocados in the Dominican Republic
are huge and quite tasty!
Well I have completed my first transfer in the mission field.  We found out Saturday night what the transfers were.  I will be staying in Yamasa and my mission mom will be transfered to Hainamosa Campo.  So I will be getting a new companion tomorrow!  Her name is Hermana Chamu and she is from Mexico, and yes you are right, she speaks no English!

I am very nervous and I know that it will be hard the first couple of weeks, but I know I can do it and I know I need it for my spanish to improve.  But I do know that the Lord has confidence in me and I know I can do it with His help, so here we go!  No more english!

This week was great!  The Garcia Family finally came to church so they are starting to progress and the baptism of the kids should be sometime this month, but we are just working with them, but also being patient with the Lords timing.
Recent convert kids, Jorky and Jorkailes

We also had our mission tour with Elder Zivic from the Quorum of the Seventy.  It was really great he talked to us about how we should not just focus on baptisms but also retention, reactivation, and church attendence.  So we are really going to work on that because right now the branch here in Yamasa is struggling with that.
We drank a lot of fruit juice this week.  We keep having people just give us juice and it has been wonderful.  The juices here are amazing, they have so many different fruits here.  One of my favorite juices is chinola.  I have no idea how to explain it so sorry!

So as I have said before there are chickens every where here.  They just wander the streets, and yes people do kill them and eat them, but the other day I saw a guy driving and in one of his hands he was holding a chicken.  I just love these people.  When we go contacting and we talk to people there are always chickens and roosters just wandering into peoples houses.  It is really fun!
Family of Lesandra and Yorddan

Anyway a great week in the mission!  I hope you are all enjoying the snow and the Christmas season!  I am here enjoying the sun and rain and wonderful extreme humidity!  I wish you all the best!

Love,
Hermana Steed








No comments:

Post a Comment