Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there!  I hope you had a wonderful day!

A little about a couple of our investigators.  Jaquelin is an 11 year old girl that we are teaching right now.  We are teaching her little by little as she doesn’t understand too much and she is learning to read, so we are teaching her with a lot of pictures and in different ways so it has been fun trying to get creative with our teaching methods.  But she is awesome and always comes to church and the activities and really wants to learn more about Christ.

Another young women we are teaching is Naigeli.  She is 14 and we teach her during the week, but then she goes to her moms, who is a recent convert, and attends church in another area and the elders teach her on the weekends.  But she is amazing.  She has prayed and received her answer that the church is true.  The youth are amazing!

On Tuesday it started raining really hard right before we left the house and my umbrella was broken so I went outside in just my rain coat and well it didn’t help much. haha.  I was wringing water out of my skirt, but it was a fun hour adventure walking in the rain talking with people!

On Wednesday we saw a miracle.  We had been looking for one of our investigators for 3 days and we could not figure out where he lived.  We knew in what street and about where he lived but not exactly so we just kept asking people in the street if they knew an Angel.  No one knew who he was.  So after the 3rd day after looking for quite a while we started to head back and who was in the street walking towards us, Angel, well Angelo is his name and maybe thats why no one knew who he was!  Haha oops!  But we had a lesson with him and he has great potential as well!  That evening we went to San Pedro for an interview with President and then he took us to McDonalds afterwards with some of the other sisters!  Woo!

Friday we had a surprise party for one of the Sisters I live with some of our investigators.  It was a fun surprise!  We had cake, played a game and shared a message!

Saturday I was able to talk with Franchesca in Yamasa because she was finally baptized!  It was good to talk with her and congratulate her on that special day!

I was informed this week in a letter from my Dad that my English is getting really bad and sometimes I don’t make sense, so my apologies!  I type fast and my English is getting bad!  

This week I was reading in the Teaching of the Prophets: Gordon B. Hinckley and it had a phrase I really enjoyed that says
     Brothers and Sisters, without reservation I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come into your hearts an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to his commandments and there will come a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God.

I really enjoyed that because there really is such power in the Book of Mormon.  I encourage you all to read it every day!  This week I have been studying in Alma when he is giving advice to his sons.  It talks so much about repentance and how it is all possible through Christ and that when we put our trust in God he delivers us out of our tribulations, but in His timing of course.  It also talks about how the scriptures can be our personal Liahona as we have faith and diligently study them.  They can give us amazing instruction in our lives.  Alma 36 and 37 are some of my favorites.

Well I hope you all have a great week!  Love you!

Hermana Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment